Benefits of Industry Institute Interaction
BENEFITS OF INDUSTRY INSTITUTE INTERACTION
A. To Institute
- Greater resource generation.
- Improved quality of faculty.
- More relevant curriculum.
- Better Placement of students.
- Better utilization of expertise and facilitated industry.
B. To Industry
- It can have access to the latest technological and management developments.
- Industry can keep their workforce updated in terms of skills and knowledge through refresher courses and other training programmes conducted by the institutes.
- It is able to get fresh and well trained technical personnel.
- Industry can get their research work done through institutions and save cost of R&D.
- Reduction in recruiting costs. Cost effective productivity.
- Better communication with higher learning centre.
- Collaborative research opportunities.
C. To Faculty
- It gives good understanding of the industry and helps in building up of useful case studies for improving the quality of future teaching.
- It provides an ability to identify research programmes of industrial importance.
D. To Students
- Gaining real life experiences.
- Application of theoretical knowledge.
- Enhancement of oral and written skills.
- Decision making on career choice.
- Paid pre-employment (on-studies training).
- Gaining access to sophisticated instrumentation.
- Understanding the work culture of industries.
E. For Nation
- Effective harnessing of the resources, talents and experience within the country.
- Greater efforts at self-reliance and indigenousness.
- Greater financial support to institutions and R&D organizations.
- Greater employment of R&D personnel.
- Generating sense of pride in the nations among Indians all over the world by providing excellent research findings.